Friday, December 4, 2009

This is where I draw the line

My dear friend Ashley was in charge of the Relief Society Christmas dinner.  She called and asked me to do something minor for the activity.  Initially I told her yes.  And then, as the week went on, it stressed me and worried me and, in the end, when she called to remind me…I told her I couldn’t do it.

I’m willing to teach a lesson, bring a meal, invite a friend, watch your kids, help you move, pick up trash, supervise a primary activity, drive to a field trip, sing a solo, clean the church, accompany for a baptism, give a talk.  I kind of pride myself on “getting over” whatever fears or issues or stuff I have going on and just doing what needs to be done.

But I cannot, CANNOT, drive a bunch of women to the Relief Society Progressive dinner in the backseat (sick, dirty, smelly, crumbly, crayoned, cluttered) of my van.  CANNOT.

Dirtycar(He’s the only one who rides back there.  It’s his fault, anyway) 

Who’s with me?

**I did drive Ryan’s car, which seats 4.  Ashley wanted big vans but the big Romney van was off limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment