Friday, January 8, 2010

I’m not scared…

Inspired by great posts here and here.

I like to think I’m pretty darn honest.  I’ve never been one to cover up my faults or failings.  I don’t want people to know a Fake Jessica.  I really want people to know the Real Jessica.  I think it comes from a belief (hopefully not arrogant, hopefully just healthy) that when you know all my good stuff and all my bad stuff, you’ll like me anyway. 

I go to the grocery store or to clean the church without makeup.

I write posts like this: http://everydayromneys.blogspot.com/2008/01/im-sorry-so-sorry.html

I (over?)share in most conversations I’m involved in.

I really hope I don’t appear all shiny and perfect.  That you, and my kids/grandkids when they read this years from now, will know I do a lot fun/right stuff and a lot of lame/wrong stuff.

So when Christie (one of the links above) asked people to be real on their blogs, I thought there wasn’t too much I needed to come clean about.   However, as I thought, I realized there were a few things that I wouldn’t love sharing.  And I thought maybe I should anyway.  Just to challenge myself.

The first part of the assignment is to show a picture of yourself au natural.  I took it to the next level by showing you one of the clutteriest parts of my house.  Just cause I’m that brave:

Picture 050

Now, here’s some real things you should know:

1.  I really, truly do yell at my kids too much.  When I say I yell, I really yell in a way that I would be humiliated to have you hear.  It’s the very worst thing I do as a parent.

2.  I’m kind of self-centered.  I really have to try to NOT arrange my whole life in the way that best suits my needs.  No “Your the Mom who never thought about herself” around here.

3.  When Emma says.”You are always on the computer,” my defense is a little too defensive, if you know what I mean.

4.  I have a pretty hygenic house (except the kids bathroom, ew)  and it looks straightened a lot of the time, but my cupboards, basement, drawers only get cleaned when Ryan gets too fed up with the COMPLETE disorganization and does it himself.

Those are the main things that came to mind over the past few days.  Let me know if you can think of anything else.  Or don’t.

(Man, I’m kind of scared to push the publish button.)

No comments:

Post a Comment