Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Why Spring Break was actually fun

Strikes against Spring Break this year:

1.  First time in years we didn’t have a trip to Utah planned

2.  Rain and snow predicted all week

3.  The Big Bad Budget made planning outings for 5-7 people a little tough

So, I needed a plan.  (Everything’s right in JessicaLand when there is a plan).  I executed the plan pretty well and, all in all, we had a lovely week.

Monday was Friend/Game Day.  Here are the kids with the Hunters and there 3.5 hour Monopoly game. 

Picture 151

Tuesday was Craft Day (which is big for me, considering that loathing I feel for crafts).

Picture 155 

Picture 160

Picture 172

Picture 179

We mostly just dyed Easter Eggs, but I was prepared with paper and yarn crafts, as well.

Wednesday was Lunch at Costco Day. 

Costco

It was also Friend-Whose-Husband-Owns-The-Local-Football-Team-Invites-Us-To-Run-Around-Like-Sweaty-Crazies-In-Their-Indoor-Practice-Field-With-Half-Of-The-Moms-I-Know Day, but I forgot to take pictures.

Thursday was the Hike Day. 

Hike

Ryan’s dream for as long as we’ve been married is for me to let him take some days off and JUST STAY HOME.  (I’m such a traveler that I always make him used Vacation Time to go on trips).  So that’s what he did.  He took Thursday and Friday off and we hiked the 7 mile loop by the lake near our house. 

Picture 186

SETH WALKED EVERY STEP.  Is he awesome or what? 

Picture 193

This was one of the moments that you think will happen all the time when you dream about motherhood, but in real life it only happens every magical once in a while. 

 

Picture 199

The kids were cheerful, the weather was good, we talked and laughed, picnicked and got lost in the mud, sang and accomplished something. 

Picture 204

I got a little choked up, because it was perfect.

Friday was Swim Day

Swimming1

We used our  Christmas present from Uncle Sam (money toward a family outing) to go to the local indoor swimming facility and out to dinner.  Faith lah-hoved it!

Saturday was Easter Egg hunt day.  (These are pictures my friend’s husband took my kids.  What husband actually takes pictures, ESPECIALLY of someone else’s kid?!)

Egghunt5

Egghunt3

Ryan took the kids to the stake Easter Egg hunt where the weather was horrible, but the kids, of course, didn’t mind.

Sunday was Easter/Conference/dinner with the Daines Day.  No pictures, but lots of fun.

I was actually sad when it was over!  That never happens at the end of a vacation!  I’d tell you I hire out, but I have a feeling it has less to do with superior planning skills and more to do with luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment