Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Jane is 8

(guest post by Jane's dad)


Dear Jane,

I am glad for the excuse to tell you what a great girl you are. Birthdays are a blessing because they remind me to pause and appreciate the good things that you have brought into our world. But they are also tinged with the realization that time does pass and that you won't always be something that I can scoop up. I want you to know that I just plain love who you are. You are a big joy in a little body. You laugh hard and play hard. You have the scrapes and scratches to prove it (and I guess a hot pink cast now too). You are brave enough to withstand the heckling that younger sisters are sometimes subjected to. You aren't intimidated by work. I love having a girl that stops me 5 times in a day to tell me about George Washington Carver; or one that comes downstairs after being put to bed saying how her inventor book is more interesting than the latest chapter book. I am glad that your "R's" aren't all the way grown up yet. You crack me up with your one-liner commentaries. I wish I could freeze time with you. I love soaking up the minutes I get with you. They will never be enough, but they are more than I could have ever hoped for. You - Are - Awesome!

Love, Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment