Thursday, February 26, 2009

CLICKTAG ACTIONSCRIPT 3

Problem: Making a clicktag for a banner in Actionscript 3

In AS2 I would do:

buton_mc.onRelease=function(){
getURL(_root.clickTag,"_blank");
}

So, it didn´t work all that I found in jumpeye, KirupaForum, Ultrashock, Actionscript.org, or in Google Forums.

Besides, in Google Adwords they don´t say nothing about it, and in the help of Adobe CS4 they still have old methods of AS2 (getURL), watch it here.

I found some interesting info in AdForm you can even check it online.

I talked to someone from EyeBlaster and fromEyeWonder, they have their own classes, but I don´t know where the banners are going.

Even more, I find some information in this post where they say "the HTML tags on your movie must have AllowScriptAccess set to always. If AllowScriptAccess is set to never or sameDomain, the call will fail".

Not all is negative, there is something in Adobe Developer Center, here:

try
{
var url:String;
var paramObj:Object = LoaderInfo(this.root.loaderInfo).parameters;
url = String(paramObj["url"]);
}
catch (error:Error)
{
trace(error);
}
var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest(url);
navigateToURL(request,"_self");

I opened a discussion also in ASNativos.

So, by the time I was making some trials with this all my work had to be changed cos they wanted Flash 8 as much. So I had to return to AS2...

Conclusions:
- Programmers don´t make banners, there´re no good or clear tutorials... Desinformation
- Collin Moock was right when he said getURL shouldn´t have been removed.
- Banners are still made in Flash 8
- Evangelist should think also in these things besides of thinking in RIA development.

No comments:

Post a Comment