Sunday, February 15, 2009

Old Habits Die Hard

I am woken up by Faith crying in the dark of the night as Jessica gets up to go feed her.

... a short time later, waken again by Faith's familiar sound. I realize groggily that this is one of those rare nights that Faith is demanding some company after already having her middle of the night feeding but well before morning.

Feeling bad for my tired wife, I try to gauge if Jessica would rather have me bring Faith to her so she can feed her again in bed or if Jessica is trying to teach Faith to get back sleep by herself.

... crying.

"Faith needs to learn get back to sleep on her own," Jessica yawns.

... more crying.

Jessica gets up mumbling something about notifying Faith that she needs to go back to sleep.

... loud crying.

Jessica and Faith come back into our room as my wife informs me, "She tricked me."


Apparently she was too cute crying to leave in her crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment