Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Because they all can’t be lovey-dovey anniversary posts

 

Following are amusing anecdotes from the almost daily fights discussions we’ve been having regarding the change in our financial status:

1.  Ryan Romney’s Eyes 

Jessica:  “You don’t even give me credit for the things I have cut back on.  You see this hair color?  I hate it! But I cancelled my hair appointment for Saturday.”

Ryan:  “And I told you thank you.”

Jessica:  “Did you do it with your eyes looking like that?  Because those are not very sincerely thanking eyes.”

2.  Cutting off her Coupon to Spite Her Face

Jessica:  “And of course now, I’m realizing that when you suggested dinner on Saturday, you were thinking Quiznos and I suggested Ding How (local sit-down establishment) and you were probably so irritated at my over-spending appetite.

Ryan:  no answer

later…

  Jessica, thinking to herself: “Forget it.  I’m throwing away this 2 for 1 coupon for this restaurant I like downtown, because he’ll never want to do it.  That’ll show him.”

later…

Ryan:  “Hey Jess.  Where is that coupon?  I was thinking we could do that on Saturday for our date.”

Jessica, sheepishly:  “Um.  I threw it away.  Because I was mad and tired of looking at it and thinking you would never go for it.”

Ryan:  “Well, that was a little immature, don’t you think?”

later…

Jessica, digging through the trash:  “Where is that stupid coupon!”

3.  How much is that paint remover going to cost?

Jessica:  “Here!  Here’s the grocery list.  Cross everything off you think we don’t need!  And Here!  Here’s the cash budget!  I will just come to you and ask for every single expenditure and then I don’t have to wonder if it’s okay.”

later…

Ryan:  “I don’t want to do the budget.  I don’t like how we eat when I’m in charge of the budget.  I’ve been sitting here, thinking how I’ve painted myself into a corner and I don’t want to make all those daily decisions.”

Jessica:  “Too bad.”

 4.  Especially Elder Hales

Jessica, relating the situation to her sister in law:  “And the thing is, cutting back is JUST SO RIGHTEOUS.  Like, while we’re arguing, I can see the 12 Apostles lining up behind Ryan, nodding their heads:  ‘Yes, Jessica, why don’t you cancel your California vacation.  We definitely agree with Ryan, here.”

 

So.  Who’s side are you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment