Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Today He gave (by Ryan)

The Old Testament prophet Job said:

"... the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." (Job 1:21)

Today I signed an offer to work for a very strong company. I have had this verse on my mind a lot because the more I experience life the more I know that the seemingly "good" blessings and the seemingly "bad" setbacks that we encounter in life are all ultimately blessings to us that flow from a loving God.

This job offer is a blessing because:
  • My brother Grant's offer to be his "personal assistant" is no longer a necessary option.
  • I will get to see my newly planted fruit trees and berry bushes grow and produce.
  • My kids got to see another example of how prayers are answered.

The previous job loss was a blessing because:

  • I got to enjoy the kindness of good friends and neighbors. (Thank you)
  • It gave me pause to evaluate where I am and plan for where I want to be.

I am still working on not fearing the setbacks. But in the safe light of today's blessings I am able to see a little bit better where Job was coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment