Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mostly true

This is the first “trick” I teach my babies:

sobig1 sobig2

I ask them: “ How big is Faith-y” in a big sing-song voice and pull their hands above their heads and reply to my own question:  '”soo big!”  Eventually they start doing it themselves (Faith started at 8 months).  It’s darling, but you have to catch them during the right window, because pretty soon they get lazy and can only manage one bored arm in the air.

It’s pretty much the first trick every kid has done.

And it’s appropriate:  She is so big…

  • with her first tooth (a few days ago)
  • army crawling (2 weeks ago)
  • actual crawling (yesterday)
  • saying “ah-oh” when she drops her cup/book/bow she’s pulled off her head (2 days ago)
  • being in the 75th percentile for height
  • somehow reaching 9 months of age

Of course, her so bigness does have limits:

she couldn’t quite carry off double digits in her weight for two doctor visits in a row…she’s back in familiar Romney Baby Territory:  a whopping 7th percentile for weight (that’s 17.2 pounds, folks).

I don’t care what those charts say.  This baby is TOO BIG for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment