Sunday, March 14, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness

This is my friend Laura:

We ran together on Wednesday morning and I complained at length about Faith.  (She is truly a difficult, strong-willed, demanding toddler, more than any kid I’ve ever had.)

Well, on Wednesday afternoon, she showed up at my house, with her van running and said: “Hey, I’m taking Katie to gymnastics.  Can I bring Faith along and just watch her while she runs around the gym?  I think she might enjoy it.”

Laura’s youngest is 4.  Laura has 4 kids.  Laura’s in the Relief Society Presidency.  Laura is going to back to school to be a nurse.  Laura could just sit at gymnastics and read a book or catch up on homework, but instead she just whisked away my difficult baby for an hour of chasing and cracker crumbs.

If that’s not true friendship, I don’t know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment