Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things #1

(This is really helpful if you want to enjoy your kids more.  Looking for the positive, guess what?, makes you feel more positive!)

Here are some things I noticed/appreciate about my kids:

--Jane so cheerful when she comes home from school

--all of them are so willing and happy to go to church each SundayRomney Kids 2

--they all listen and contribute in church, Family Home Evening lessons, and scripture study

--Faith's awesome little voice


--G's early birdness (sometimes it’s annoying, but I can certainly appreciate a person who wants to get up and get going on his day!)

--S cheerfully doing his deep cleaning jobs. He's coming around!

Awesome Seth


--I know I can count on E to do a thorough cleaning job…so she gets the ones I know guests/visitors will see!


--how much G loves the snow.  He’s been out hours every day…even in 10 degree weather.

Gabe Sledding 2


--last week, when it was 10 degrees, on the way to swimming I asked Gabe, sarcastically, “I bet getting in a pool sounds lovely right now.”  He looked at me and said “Really, Mom, it does!”

--that Emma wants to sing in choir.  This is good bonding time for us.


--that S picked up something that wasn't his!


--that Faith looks like this

Faith (8)
--that Jane was the first to memorize the first line of memorization project: The Living Christ

--that Gabe tried really hard to follow a hard to follow rule this weekend


--that Emma is so patient with Faith

--how much G LOVES his music class.  He’s constantly singing their Christmas stuff.  Love a 10 year old boy who’s not afraid to sing at the top of his lungs!


--I appreciate that F's insistence that everything be on her terms will make make her a force to be reckoned with in this world.

--how friendly and open my kids are.  Look at how relaxed and content Faith is with Santa.  I love that my kids are outgoing and loving to people around them.

Santa Claus & Children

Wow!  Even though they aren’t robots who want to follow me around while I run errands and keep the house spotlessly organized, they are pretty great!  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment