Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Adobe Releases: AdobeMagazine, Adobe Exchange, Adobe Penetration


I have just received an email with the new releases of Adobe

In first place the relaunching of Adobe Magazine. Mmmmmmmmm, I´m rather pesimistic about this old-relaunched project, specially cos they´re using PDF tecnology. Oh my God! What are you doing? Remember you have the patent of Flash!!! This could be done better, in fact, even if you have a broad band connection you have to wait until the pages gets loaded.

I think Adobe Magazine is developed by Plazm. I haven´t heard of these people before.

Secondly, Adobe Exchange. I remember I had a look last week and just saw some files from year 2004 or so. Happily it´s been updated. I see this as some kind of GNU developement. Don´t you?

Lastly, I want to talk about something that makes me laugh. It is the penetration statistics of Adobe Flash Player. Although I try to promote Flash every place, I find many people here in Spain without the plugin installed, even in big companies related to tecnology. Once we solve IE problem using the SWFObject we have to talk to administrators who can only install Flashplayer (oh my God!)

Anyway, I made some investigation of this stats. In Europe these stats are only related to UK, Germany and France. I have a question for Adobe: What about Spain, Portugal, Greece or the eastern europe countries? I wrote Adobe asking about this but I´m afraid I can´t use anymore these stats...

No comments:

Post a Comment