Thursday, May 17, 2007

Freehand loosers...


I'm laughing a lot with the last comments about Freehand in MXNA, nothin new, we all knew about it, in fach I had posted about it in my spanish blog.

Why do people choose one or othe design software? Two reasons: The first is the popularity of the software, the second the easibility for you. Now that Freehand is died as you know and Adobe confirmed yesterday. You can read the posts of John Nack "Freehand won´t update, moving to Illustrator", or Marco Casario´s "Freehand died". Adobe itself has promoted a migration guide to Illustrator.

Is there any other way? In the rest of the world it seems to be no problem, but here in Spain I dare to say the 80% of designers use/used Freehand even it hasn´t been updated in years. Well, we the spanish are not stupid, so we can use also CorelDraw or Illustrator.

What do I wanna say with this. Is Spain a looser country? Definitely no! I tend to think prints have influenced a lot in this question. Illustrator seemed something very modern and they used to have CorelDraw, specially for its good relationship with Autodesk, as I can check when I work for hp. We all now about printing problems of Autodesk, or perhaps license problems...

So, althought Adobe wants to digg Freehand, I think it has still a lot of work here in Spain. We will make as the Cubans with the american cars!

In my opinion I will keep on using CorelDraw even knowing I have to make those jumps CorelDraw-Illustrator-Flash, too romantic!

No comments:

Post a Comment