Thursday, September 10, 2009

Don’t Tell Me Stars Hollow Doesn’t Really Exist

350px-gilmore_girls_cast-300x249

Tip #1:  If you weren’t a fan when the series was running, start watching the 7 seasons of “Gilmore Girls.”  I was introduced about 2 years ago and have thoroughly enjoyed the quick banter, quirky characters (Michel, Paris, Kirk), and smart humor.  It’s kind of a girl show, but my brother Nate and awesome husband are fans. 

Tip #2:  You could rent them from Netflix, Blockbuster, or the library.  But if you want to be as smart as me try this:  Go onto Ebay, buy the first season, then sell it back on Ebay, and buy the next one. When I did this, I could usually almost re-coup my initial payment.  It was fun to have all the discs available and I felt so savvy when I would sell my season back for more than I paid!

Tip #3:  Find a friend to watch it with you, because nothing is more annoying than finishing THE WHOLE THING and having NO ONE who cares.  You know when something really good happens on “Lost” and you and your friend can all discuss?  Well, I was left high and dry.  No one knew the sadness inside of me as I came to terms with the finale.   (Which, while nothing spectacular, just felt right.  If you’ve watched, PLEASE feel free to discuss it with me via comments or email.)

Tip #4:  Deal with your Gilmore Girls withdrawals by getting a haircut exactly like one of the main characters.  Or maybe that’s just me.

alexis_bledel  Alexis Bledel/Rory Gilmore

GGhair GGhair2 Jessica Romney

(I was REALLY irritated when I left the salon and somehow still looked 35.  After scouring the Internet for millions of pictures to show my stylist and getting Rory’s 20 year old look stuck in my head, I was confused at the wrinkly face that peered back at me from Rory’s hairdo.)

Who needs a reunion show?  I look in the mirror, and I have Gilmore Girls every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment