Thursday, September 24, 2009

Indian Summer

 

If I hear one more person say:

“I am just ready for autumn to start!  I’m ready for this summer to be done”…

Picture 046 Picture 047

Picture 048I’m going to hit them.

We are enjoying the most lovely Indian Summer here in the Inland Northwest.  Yesterday, when I took these pictures, it was 90 degrees.  The flowers are still blooming, the tomato plants are still tomato-ing, and my kids are riding happily on their bikes to school.  And I’ve been hearing moms complaining about it.

What I always want to ask those people: 

Have you ever NOT gotten enough cold weather?  Have you ever wished spring would come later, so you could have just a little more winter?  Are your kids jeans NOT as hole-y as mine by the end of May?!

Long Live the Late Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment