Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hacked off

 

While I would hope that if we knew each other well enough that you were a Contact in my Inbox, this would go without saying…I thought I should clarify:

  • I am NOT trying to sell you diet pills “of which quality are good.”  Or the most fashionable shoes. Or more autumn clothes.
  • I don’t have an online store.
  • I would never solicit you via mass email (except maybe for compliments on pictures of my kids via the blog).
  • And I would certainly NEVER, EVER, IN A THOUSAND MILLION YEARS, send you an email with grammar and spelling like what follows:

Welcome vist our company homepage:<http:www.I’mabigfatjerkyhacker.net>Supply you the most fashionable shoes,bags,shirts,sunglasses,watches,and so on we can offer you the most reasonable discount to make you get more profits.we are expecting for your business.Looking forward to your contact and long cooperation with us!

Best Regards :)

  • EVER. NEVER EVER EVER.  NEVER.
  • INFINITY EVER.

So, apparently some lame hacker, with the grammar skills of a first grader and the hacking skills of a post-grad, has gotten into my email account and is sending emails, every few days, from my account.  I think he’s moved onto to random strangers, though, because the addresses that I get back from Postmaster Undeliverable are now unrecognizable. 

My questions are these:

1.  Does this actually make money for these people?  Do people actually click on the link and go buy awesome diet pills from them, or what?

2.  What can I do?  I have had the same email address for as long as I’ve had email.  I love my email address.  It’s SUCH A PAIN to change it because it is on every website and school form that I have filled out in the last 12 years.  Any ideas?

I forward look to yur comments of a nature informational.  Best regards.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment