Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Talk about Well Done

(I’m getting ready for a big trip, so I’ve been ignoring my blog.  Or I’ve been leaving my lovely family pictures up, in hopes that you’ll shower me with more compliments.  You decide.)

But I couldn’t not acknowledge this.

My brother Sam gets home from his mission tomorrow.  And I really cannot put into words how in awe of him I am.  But since it’s me, I’ll give it the old college try.

He was the craziest kid in the world.  It’s truly no exaggeration.  There are some pretty fun stories to tell about Sam from the ages of 2 until 15. 

And then it got kind of sad.  He struggled with some things.  He kept trying and did a lot of good things during those years, but sometimes it was sad and frustrating to watch.

But he always, ALWAYS, wanted to go on a mission.  I know it was because of the example of his dad, and two older brothers, and a testimony that was rooted deep in his heart.

He had great parents, great bishops and friends and, when he was ready, he did the work and was worthy to serve a mission.  (See this short post, when he left.)

And then he just ROCKED his mission.  He was unbelievably focused (that ADHD hyper-focusing can really come in handy sometimes), completely committed and unwaveringly obedient.  He loved his mission—we’re trying to remind what there is to love about coming home!  His emails exuded love for his companions, the families he served and the Lord.  I don’t know if I heard him say one negative thing during the whole two years.

Sam

He has been such an example to me and my family.  I rave and rave about him, whenever people ask.  I have rarely been this proud of anyone in my life. 

“And if it so be that ye should labor all your days…and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father.”  (D&C 18:15)

How great shall be your joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment