Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Favorites

(I never do this, but had a few things to share)

1.  This cookie recipe:

[Oatmeal-Peanut-Butter-Chip.jpg]

is one of my favorites of all time.  BEST texture ever.

(Thanks a lot Abbie.  Like I need more cookies in my life.)

2.  Bountiful Baskets (a food co-op.  You pick it up at a location near you every Saturday):

Picture 042

Go to www.bountifulbaskets.org and see if they have it in your state.  Tons of vegetables, for about half of the price, and I’ve been happy with the quality.  It is a ton to eat, but I love that it makes me learn how to serve kale and swiss chard and eggplant.  We’ve been eating so many more vegetables lately.

3.  This movie:

Ryan and I agreed: the best we’ve seen in a long time.  Uplifting, real, romantic, historical…you kind of can’t go wrong.

4.  These books:

 

So so so fun and addictive.  #3 and a movie coming out soon.

5.  This hairspray:

I started using it last year and bought a different less expensive one last time…and I’m really not happy.  I’m going back as soon as the garbage one I’m using is gone.

6.  Priesthood blessings (click on the link for more lds.org info) by this guy:

52

Let’s just say I’ve been having MULTIPLE parenting challenges (pre-teen daughter, sullenly disobedient son, tantruming toddler) and after numerous feelings that I should ask Ryan for a blessing, I finally listened.  It was amazing:  from God, specific, insightful, made me feel hopeful again.  A blessing, indeed.

7. This video (part of the Swagger Wagon series) that Ryan just sent me.  (If you know Ryan, you know why he’s feeling it):

8.  The spin pin (see Carie’s post for more details):

selfportrait

so easy to put in and it’s stayed put really well!

9..  This tube:

tube

on this boat, driven by this person (aunt Heather):

Hboat

in this weather!  (FINALLY!  it’s summer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment