Friday, June 18, 2010

The reasons I have cried 8 times in the last 24 hours

 

1.  Because I talked to Jane’s wonderful teacher (seen below hugging Jane) about her husband’s cancer return.

Picture 061

2.  Because I hugged my friend Stacey (of the Roll Post) good-bye for the last time.

Picture 006

3.  Because the weather stinks so bad.  (Okay, I actually didn’t cry about this, but I’d complained about it so much that when I called Ryan to tell him about Jane’s teacher and started crying, he thought it was because of the weather.)

4.  Because Faith threw another one of her 45 minute-wads-of-ripped-out-hair-throwing-up-on-herself tantrums (because I wouldn’t let her eat a friend’s daughter’s big old chocolate bar) and it is so stressful listening to your daughter scream and scream and scream.

Picture 018 Picture 020

5.  Because Faith’s tantrum made me miss Emma’s award assembly.  (I kept trying to go in but Faith would NOT stop screaming, so I walked around the school with a flipping-out one year old in my arms while they called Emma’s name).

6.  Because Emma was sweet and understanding about me missing it (AND because she’s such a good girl to win that citizenship award).

LastDay3

7.  Because the whole school lines up and slaps hands with the “graduating” Fifth Graders as they leave the school for the last time.

LastDay1 LastDay2

8.  Because it’s the last day of school.  And we all know those are happy tears and sad tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment