Friday, August 26, 2011

11 Things I would like to tell Gabe on his 11th Birthday

(by Ryan)

1.) You have the drive and dedication of someone twice your age. 

2.) I love your blend of natural mathematical talent and hard work – it’s so fun to see those two together.

mathiscool

3.) Boys are mean when they are unsure of themselves, there are a lot of insecure boys in middle school.  Don’t let their underdeveloped characters get you down.

4.) You swim like a fish

gaward2

5.) I respect how seriously you live gospel principles.

6.) Failing something hard/new ALWAYS trumps succeeding at what is easy/safe. 

7.) You do a great job of being responsible with your money. 

8.) It is sweet how grateful you are for everything. 

9.) I want to be your best friend

10.) I have never met a kid who earned every Webelos pin they make, … well until now.  You are awesome!

002

(taken at the Pool Party Pack Meeting where Gabe was awarded most of his pins)

11.)  I feel profoundly blessed that you are my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment