Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mr. Mom: The texting edition

(While I was at Girls Camp, Ryan took the week off of work to take care of the kids.  Texts can be such a fun, real record of our life, I thought it would be fun to include some of them from that week.)

Jul 25, 2011 1:28 PM

R:  Jane: “I wish I woke up at 6 so I could say bye to mom”.  We all miss you.

 

Jul 25, 2011 2:00 PM

R;  Just dropped off E. *sniff*  I’ll miss her.

camptext7

 

Jul 25, 4:02 PM

J:  Swap out the laundry!!

 

Jul 26, 1:21 PM

J:  Camp is most relaxing place ever.

R:  Good.

 

Jul 26, 2011 9:11 PM

(referring to the finals he was completing for his MBA class)

R:  Starting first test now.  I’m so exhausted.

Jul 26, 2011 11:23 PM

R:  Just finished 1st test. Felt like I did average.  Boo on average.  Whatever.  Doing next part early tomorrow.

Jul27, 2011 5:16 AM

R;  Just starting next test.

Jul 27, 2011 6:55 AM

R:  DONE!!!

 

Jul 27, 2011 8:37 AM

R:  Not bad for a dad:

camptext5

J:  WHAT?!  That was the only parenting thing, I did better than you!!

R:  Nuh-uh and you still do.

 

Jul 27, 2011 10:24 AM

J:  Guess what?  When you have 45 minutes to study, ponder and pray you have am amazing scripture experience!

R:  Good.  I have been yelled at and cried at no less than 20 times because I couldn’t find those purple flip flops.

 

Jul 27, 2011 12:02 PM

(Ryan was coming up to camp for bishops night and I had some requests)

J:  Please do not forget to get a sleeping pad from Laura.

Jul 27, 2011 2:12 PM

R:  I’m carpooling with the YW presd’cy.  Hope it’s not awkward.

J:  Why?  And you have room for my pad, right?

R;  Way to keep focused on MY issue.

Jul 27, 2011 3:31 PM

J:  Hey!  You got my pad?

J:  And my big green blanket.  I was cold last night.

J:  Am I obnoxious?

 

Jul 28, 7:08 AM

J:  I love you!  How’s your morning?

R:  Good run.  Pretty morning.  Got a lot of you in my head.  Trying to get past it.

R:  I’m down 3 lbs since Sat.  What do you put in my food?!

 

Jul 28, 2011 3:15 PM

R:  Us after the movie:

camptext9

 

Jul 28, 2011 8:13 PM

R;  “Dad, does mom want a picture of me?”:

camptext6

 

Jul 29, 2011 10:34 AM

(Before a doctor’s visit to address an hugely infected wart on Jane’s foot)

R:  Faith:  “Dad, where are we going?”  Me: “To the doctors.” F: “Well my tummy’s fat as can be!”

Jul 29. 2011  11:21 AM

(R was at the podiatrist when I got home)

J:  I just got home and found this:

camptext4

J:  Is this how you take care of our children?  One ripping down street signs and the other with a blood infection?

J:  Attempting repairs:

camptext3

R:  Been there. Done that.  He did it two days ago, too.

R:  In the waiting room:

camptext1

R;  F: “I yike dese comics, Dad.”

camptext2

J:  Hey!  My flowers are dead!

R:  What?!  They weren’t yesterday!

R:  Are you exaggerating?

R:  Um, speaking of dead, you might want to feed that fish.

J:  The flowers look pretty bad.  The rest of the house looks pretty incredible, so I forgive you.

Jul 29, 2011  11:45 AM

J:  Hey!  Tell Greg (the podiatrist, our friend) to hurry it up!  I miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment