Saturday, October 25, 2008

All Showered and Ready to Go!

So I had my baby shower last week. Yes, I realize this is my fifth baby. Yes, I realize it is my third girl. Yes, I realize at this point in our lives when can afford our own baby gear.

Whatever. Parties and presents are fun.

Jessica and Meghann threw it for me and did a yellow and black theme (to go with the nursery...I'm almost done, hold your horses, pictures coming up). Here's me at nine months pregnant.

Did you know that in-utero babies really need you to gain a lot of weight in your face in order to arrive healthy? Well, they do...and I'm doing my part with the chipmunk cheeks and double chin.

There were yellow and black cupcakes, yellow and black baby dresses hanging on a line as decor, lots of yummy food and lots of fun presents.

I'm glad I let Emma and Jane come, because I wouldn't have wanted to open up the presents calmly and actually looked at the contents before they were thrown across the room. No, it was much more fun to do it Jane's spastic way. Plus, Jane modeled most outfits for us, and it was highly entertaining.

But the best part?

Jessica had the idea to have each guest write their addresses on the outside of the thank-you cards. It's so nice not to have to look the addresses up and have it all ready.

But if these are your friends:

(Penny, Christine, creative writers: Jessica, Kerry and Cynthia)
it gets even better. They will write their own thank-you cards for you!

A sampling:
Dear Jessica A.,
Thanks for giving me the best baby shower ever! Thank you for the cute outfits, too. It was kind of anti-climactic since I already knew what the outfit looked like. Oh well...Anyways, Thanks for being the most awesome friends ever! Love, Jessica R.
p.s. I still owe you $18 for the fabric you bought...I haven't forgotten.

or

Dear Cynthia,
Thank you for the amazing outfits. The only thing better than a friend like you is having a new baby to hold. I love how dependable you are as a visiting teacher, too! Lastly, I'm grateful you wrote this card, Cynthia, so I could spend more time relaxing with my good book.
Love, the wonderful Jessica

or (if you're into some slightly self-deprecating thank-you messages)

Dear Kerry,
Before you gave me that adorable snuggly Winnie the Pooh overcoat/blanket, I never thought that there was much sense in dressing my kids in warm outerwear. (Ed. note...I have a slight reputation for underdressing my kids in the winter. What? I hate hauling/losing coats all winter long) Now, I can't wait for the baby to come and the snow to fall so I can try this new way of life! You're the best!
Love, your friend, Jessica

Now. Wasn't that so thoughtful of them? I just stuff, lick and stamp and I have nothing more to say EVER to those three "friends". Talk about a time saver!

Anyway...despite (or maybe because of) the "self written" thank-you notes, I had a great time and am inexpressably grateful for the incredible friends I am blessed with here.

And, now, with drawers stuffed full of teeny, tiny pink items, we're all ready!

(You hear that baby?! YOU CAN COME NOW!)

No comments:

Post a Comment