Thursday, October 16, 2008

And Isn't it Ironic?


So, in years past, Ryan has heard me rail against the Boo** (see below for explanation) sign:
"Seriously? Who starts this? Do we need MORE candy, MORE treats or MORE assignments (returning the favor) in our lives as the holiday/eating season begins?! I don't want to even pass this thing on!"
I've been annoyed for years at this practice. Usually, I'm watching my calories (in advance of the Thanksgiving and Christmas bingeing) and I have a hard enough time, without dealing with an EXTRA goodie plate. And my kids are starting to get enough sugar at school, church, the bank, that it's starting to pour our their ears.
So this year, when I saw this sign, I mentally rolled my eyes. "Hmph. Maybe I'll do a post, when we get 'Boo'ed', about how much I dislike this thing," I thought.
And then we never got one.
And my new "3rd Trimester Diet Plan" which mainly involves a constant stream of sugar running through my veins, mainly between the hours of 6pm and 12am, was SORELY DISRUPTED.
Where are my Boo-ers? Why, during this year of extreme sugar-consumption by me, am I not receiving my lovely Ghost poster (I even had to have a friend take pictures of hers and email it to me), the cornily-rhymed message and, most importantly, PLATE OF SUGAR?
Is this Karma for years of complaining? Is my husband hiding the Boo, knowing that every morning I regret the "3rd Trimester Diet Plan" by moaning and complaining about how much weight I'm gaining? Are their Halloweens goblins at work here?
Am I getting what I deserve?
**the Boo sign: a photocopied picture of a ghost, with a poem that instructs the receivers to hang the sign in her window (see Denae's post for anti-sign-hanging-desires) to let people know you've been boo'ed, more instructions to pass along the Halloween goodwill in the form of treats...and a plate o' goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment