Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Summary

Since I'm drawing a blank on everything but this one picture I took last week:




I'm having everyone tell me what they wanted me to tell the world about in our Sunday Summary.


I'll start with the picture. It's from tonight's Family Home Evening. The book Emma's holding was given to us a yearish ago and we haven't used it. Tonight we were drawing a blank and so we opened it up (it's called Family Home Evening Treats that Teach). We made these Marshmallow/Cornflake trees and talked about Enos praying in the forest. It took 40 minutes (including the shopping for cornflakes AND treat prep) and was a resounding success.


Ryan wanted me to mention his last soccer game at the season. He probably remembers it so well because he limped for a day and a half afterward. He says he loves it because it's a harder, more diverse workout than anything he does all week. I hope it's not because it's co-ed.


(Emma huddling up with last year's team)

Emma wanted me to mention that her basketball season has started up. She enjoyed playing last year, even though I don't think they won a single game. She gets to hang out with a friend from a different ward and school (Amanda Guinn) and is an endurance (she gets tired, seriously, last of all the girls) superstar.



Gabe, after some reminding, remembered that he got ALL gung-ho about scouting, as soon as mom/den leader actually purchased him a book. He's passed off at least 15 achievements just this week and all because he's the one pushing the book in our faces. He and Ryan had fun with the tool section and using the tools to sand and prep a nightstand we're refinishing.

(Jane, on the first day of school...prior to the exciting activity of we-telling)

Jane wanted us to mention that last week in kindergarten "we telled a stowey". Me: "You want me to type that you told a story?" Jane: "No. Not told a story. We-telling a story. It's called WE-TELLING. It was about a boat race." Now, I'm assuming she's talking about Re-telling a story and we are SO glad we didn't skip over that in the Sunday Summary.



Seth said "You shut the doh and I taked a nap. Um, I cwied and said 'Can I come out?' and went like this (insert random grunting noises)."



Huh? He's lying. Don't listen to him.



That never happened last week. What did happen last week is that he got to go to the firestation (I didn't go, so no pictures) and he enjoyed it so much, that tonight he prayed, "Bless I can go to the firestation again and again and again and again."



Thanks for joining us for another fascinating edition of What We Did Last Week. Hopefully next week's installment actually does includes Seth's random grunting noises, only in conjunction with pushing a baby out. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment