Tuesday, May 12, 2009

iHappy

(that title is kind of ripping off Paige’s cleverness , sorry.)

20080609_iphone3g

I really don’t think I’ve been this giddy over a material object since I bought my first new car after I graduated from BYU. All day at church, post-gift receiving, instead of thinking of Jesus, I kept remembering “Eeee! I own an iphone!” and “Eeee! I can type recipes into the Loseit! app and it will tell me exactly how many calories, etc, it has per serving” and “Eeee! You can sync up with your ward website and everyone’s phone numbers and emails at your finger tips!” (I know. I probably ought to do the whole church thing over again, huh?)

So far this is why I love it:

1. I typed, in the “Notes” section, Jane’s birthday list and emailed it to loving grandparents WHILE IN LINE AT WALMART!

2. I typed just the name of the obscure wallpaper store I was going to today, in the Map section, and in, like 2 seconds!, it pulled up the store. THEN it pulled up me, in blue dot form, and showed how Blue Dot Me could get to the store. Then, on the screen, Blue Dot Me moved whenever my car moved and told me exactly how close I was to my store.

3. At the wallpaper store, I could take a picture of the wallpaper and email it to Ryan to see if he liked it. (Except I didn’t find any I liked, so I only emailed him a picture of me and Faith, but still. I could have.)

4. To show the owner of the wallpaper store what I was looking for, I simply found the wallpaper I’ve been admiring on the Target website and showed it to her. (She didn’t have it. But still.)

Can you even believe it?

So this is what I need to know from iphone havers:

1. How, seriously, do you not spend every moment playing with the phone? (Really. I want to know, because I’m having a limiting problem, which I’m hoping is just the newness of it.)

2. What tricks did you not know when you got it, that you want to share with me?

3. What apps do I need?

Kay, that’s all. Sorry to be so in love with a material object. Maybe next week at church they’ll have a lesson about that. I’ll try to listen this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment