Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother, I Give you My Love with…

Picture 014Today, we did our mother’s day celebrating over a breakfast of Saturday-bought Cinnabons.  The following are examples of the heartfelt/handmade poems, letters and gifts my family gave me.  I realize my children’s darling poems, recorded here because we all know Jessica will lose them in a week or so, will be only of interest to a grandparent (maybe), but you’ll want to skim down to the end.  Ryan’s was a doozy.

Picture 009Seth’s Mother’s Day letter (as dictated to the Primary helper):

I loved you.

You cook good breakfasts.

I love you to make brownies.

I love to make cookies with you.

 

(Hmmm.  Any guesses on what I spend a lot of time doing?)

 

Jane’s Mother’s Day Recipe:

Mom’s Macaroni and Cheese

Picture 006 Ingredients:  1 pot full of water, 1 stick of butter, 1 cup of milk, 2 boxes of milk.  2 boxes of noodles, 2 packets of cheese.

Directions:  First, you boil the water.  Then you stir in the macaroni and cook it for half an hour.  Then we take it out.  Put in the milk, cheese and butter.  Stir it 1 time and then it is ready to eat!

 

 

 

 

 

Gabe’s Mother’s Day Poem:

Picture 048Mom-oh-Mom I love you swell.

Mom-oh-Mom, you treat me well.

Mom the greatest you are so kind.

Mom the greatest the lost you find.

Mom so nice you are cool every day.

Mom so nice I hope you never fly away.

Mom dearest you are mellow.

Mom dearest you are YELLOW. (?)

Mom oh mom you are so nice on Sunday.

But today is Mother’s Day, yip i yi yay!

 

 Emma’s Mother’s Day poem:

She is wonderful in every way.

She wonders if when we grow up if we will be all that we can.

Picture 032She hears everything,

She sees everything, you can’t hide anything.

She wants us to live to our full potential.

She is wonderful in every way.

She pretend she is a star, but in my eyes she already is.

She feels what I feel and tries to help.

She cries when she’s touched. 

She is touched when something brilliant happen to anyone because she is caring. 

She is worried about the day when I’m grown.  But I’ll always be her little girl.

She is wonderful in every way.

She says she would give her life for us, and I would do the same for her.

She dreams and knows we will live together after we die.

She tries to do her best and she's great to me.  She hopes we will follow Christ.

She is wonderful in every way.

 

Faith’s Mother’s Day present:Picture 004

Sleeping in the church kitchen during Relief Society so that I could enjoy the whole 3rd hour of church.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ryan’s Mother’s Day present:

Picture 015

Certain presents I laughed at, certain presents I teared up over, certain presents…(let’s just be honest) were my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment