Monday, June 15, 2009

Move it

**by guest writer, Ryan

Today Seth went to Chuck E. Cheese's for the 1st time. He wasn't sure about the place, but he seemed reassured when I promised him that it was a place where "a kid can be a kid." I then told him that a giant mouse lived there.

"Does it squeak?"
"No he just talks."
"How does a mouse talk like?"

I made a lame explanation that didn't even really make sense to me. After arriving and losing the obligatory change as it lodged itself in the token machine we began to scout out the place. Catching a glimpse of the animatronic Chuck, I excitedly dragged Seth over.

Seth gawked at him in utter amazement as Chuck sang some song I'll never remember, moved his arms robotically and batted his humongous eyelids. He sat and stared for a minute and then noticed something.



"Can his legs move dad?"
"Guess we'll have to see."
"I want to see his legs move."
"Come on ... let's go see what else there is here."
"I'm staying here until his legs move."

Chuck's legs never did move, but lucky for me Seth's finally did.

No comments:

Post a Comment