Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Family History Stuff I need to highlight, so I don't forget

Here are some things that have happened to our family during my blogger slump that I wanted to make sure I'd remember (seriously, this really is probably to boring for my non-family readers):

Seth takes Potty Training into his own hands:

(Obviously nothing to do with potty training...just a good example of Seth's do-every-crazy-thing-that-comes-into-his-head personality. This is a bike rack we found him on.)

Yesterday, I came back from the gym at 6:15 (I'd done a Body Pump class) and I could see Seth standing in his crib looking at Emma (I'd had her go in there when I left, in case he woke up, as Ryan is still away on business). I went in to tell him to go back to bed and he was completely soaked. I was surprised that it was so bad, but I couldn't have him go back to bed like that, so I told him I'd change him and put him back. As I took his ( Jane's girly, cherry he insisted on putting on and wearing last night) pajamas off, I saw that he was wearing one pair of Cinderella panties and one pair of High School Musical panties--and that was all. He slept all night in just panties. Which would explain the ocean of pee in his crib. So Seth has officially slept through the night without diapers. I'm very proud.

Jane's does the Itsy-Bitsy spider:

Jane had a little pre-recital a few weeks ago. She didn't get to wear her recital costume (to her major dismay) but looked so cute in these little gray shorts and T-shirt. That little girl's tiny, muscly body looks cute in ANYTHING. We loved watching her dance around the stage to a rapping version of the Itsy-Bitsy Spider.
Soccer Stars:

Our Saturdays (like everyone else who's dumb enough to sign multiple siblings up for this sport) are taken up by a lot of soccer. At Emma's last game, someone called out: "Who are Emma's parents?" I indicated myself. He said, "She has gotten really good." I said, "Thanks, she seems to have figured out what to do." Another dad chimed in, "Yeah, she's tearing it up out there today. She's just SO fast." That kind of my-kid-who-came-out-of-body-is-awesome feeling is so surprising and fun.
Gabe does well, too. He'd probably be better if I didn't forget his soccer practice every other week.

Job blessings:

This up and down job situation has been completely crazy, wearing and full of twists and turns. Without a lot of gory details, I just wanted to take a minute and remind myself (Years-down-the-road-Jessica, listen up!) that Heavenly Father always takes care of us.

We had 2 times in the last month, where we have felt through the Holy Ghost that we should turn down stable jobs with pay increases. Within a week of turning down both jobs, the jobs we had picked instead fell through. We were completely mystified, but tried not to get to stressed out. In the end, the job Ryan ended up with has been financially WAY better than either of the jobs we turned down, puts him 1 mile from our house and will give him great opportunities to stretch and grow in experience.
I'll just keep saying my prayers, and listening to the Spirit, because obviously the Man Upstairs knows a teeny bit more about what's best for me than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment