Monday, May 12, 2008

The Summary in which I rave about Ryan (move on if you don't want to hear about it)

Monday we got back from Utah. Ryan was in Toronto (where his new company is based). I was so sad to come home to an empty house until I opened my bathroom drawer which was completely organized (along with all the cabinets underneath). Emma came running into my room: "Dad cleaned the closet and hung my pictures!" It was like a treasure hunt, running around the house, seeing what he'd done: organized game closet, linen closet, etc., a new garden box, waxed furniture...it was out of control. I know, I know, he's unreal and I'm the luckiest girl ever.

Tuesday was the day I started to feel better!! I am not all the way out of the nausea, but it's SO MUCH BETTER and the exhaustion is gone. I actually cooked an entire meal from scratch for us and the missionaries.

Thursday, Ryan got home. We'd been apart for 9 days and it felt like forever--are we newlyweds? I don't know how military wives (Ellie) do it. At all.

Friday we went swimming at the YMCA. The kids had been so excited. This is what Jane put on as soon as she realized it was Friday night:

It was fun being with the Hunters (they'd invited us) and Seth loved loved loved loved loved the kiddie pool.


Saturday we had a great time at the Shock game with the Nebekers. They are part-owners/managers of our local arena football league team and they invited us to sit in their box with them. It's such a show at those close-up, fast paced football games and we had so much fun. Next week, guys?


When we got home from the game, our babysitter had all the kids in bed. I went to check on Seth a half hour later and couldn't find him. I looked around the dark room...and this is where he was:


This is Gabe's bed, in the boys' room, which Gabe never sleeps in because he loves to sleep with his sisters. Poor Seth, as the fourth child, he apparently can't get anyone to realize he's growing up, so he's got to potty train himself and decide when he's ready for a big boy bed (which he's been in ever since).

Sunday was a great Mother's Day, because I have a great husband. Here are some picture of the food I was served (breakfast, dinner and dessert).



The kids gave me all their cute school presents (totally the best kind) and I loved sleeping in and reading blogs in the middle of the day without worrying about it. We also had the BEST talks in Sacrament meeting and I was able to push away the Guilt enough to enjoy my family.

Okay, that summary was not funny at all. Sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment