Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sunday Summary

Here's some big(gish) events from the past week.

Ryan triathlon--This is the most impressive one by far. Ryan completed the Olympic Triathlon at Lake Coeur d'Alene. That's a 1 mile swim, a 25 mile bike ride and a 6 mile run. It took him 2 hours and 45 minutes and he finished in the top third of 850 competitors. And it was his first. And I started crying when I hugged him at the finish line. (a. I'm pregnant and b. it's a big deal and I was very proud of him).


Olympics Opening Ceremony--did anyone else watch this???! It was truly amazing and my big kids and I were loving every minute. And I also made it about 42 seconds into NBC's opening segment before I started crying (again) and announced to my children that I would be crying through the entire Olympics, so to just prepare themselves. Something about a life spent in attaining excellence and their One Big Moment--makes me all emotional.



The Daines Sleep Over--except they didn't sleep. Ryan woke up at 4:45 and they were finishing a movie. Everyone was grouchy the next day, so I announced that every crying fit and fight would result in 15 minute earlier bedtime. Yeah, they were in bed by 7:30pm. (Usual summer bedtime is 9:00pm). We'll be monitoring the slumbering better next time.

(some of the non-sleepers at more appropriate non-sleeping times)

So, obviously, there was little happening again this week. Stay tuned for tomorrow for a post about the way more exciting week we have coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment