Monday, April 6, 2009

Famous Last Words

"I'll just leave the grill cover off for the night. It's nice out, there's no way it could rain."

Explanation: I used my grill last night! Last week, my wife was kind enough to go pick up propane for me (while I watched the little one) and I've been itching to grill since then. The first two times it was raining or looked like rain, so I didn't bother. Then we finally got a nice day, only to discover that the burger meat in the fridge was way past its due date. Yesterday everything finally was on the same page and I made burgers.

When the grill was done, I turned everything off, but it was still quite hot, so I just left the cover off it for the evening. As night rolled around, I thought today's status message to myself and figured I'd just cover the grill in the morning.

Of course, at like 4:00 this morning, I awoke to thunder and POURING rain, at which point I cursed my meteorological optimism... and then went back to sleep. I'm beginning to think my grill has somehow offended nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment