Thursday, April 9, 2009

Time Suck #5

The fifth in our series of Why Were the Romneys Gone for a Month? (contest rules here)

Picture 103

(And feel free to notice and comment on the cute sitting up that has taken place this week.  She may be skinny but she’s strong!)

Was I too busy trying to FEED THIS BABY enough calories?  Did I go to the doctor, have him tell me she was falling down the growth chart, and have him suggest I add a feeding and wait and see what happens at 6 months?  Did I know exactly what will happen at 6 months (because it’s happened with all my kids): she’ll be in the 5th percentile or less?  Have I been:

  • taking her to weekly weight checks?
  • visiting 4 lactation consultants who helped me figure out the I was producing 2 oz per feeding?
  • spending a week doing 1 hour feedings with the SNS system?
  • pumping after every feeding?
  • taking fenugreek till Ryan notices that I smell like maple syrup?
  • waking up my sleeping-from-8pm-to-8am baby at 5 am every morning to give her an extra feeding?
  • taking Blessed Thistle, eating bowls of oatmeal and drinking 100 oz of water every day?

Since the answer is yes to all of those questions…what do you think?  Is this THE time suck that shut down the blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment