Thursday, April 16, 2009

What´s the meaning of Advertising?

I´m reading just now 99Francs, the book from the advertiser Francs Frederic Beigbeder



And here is a nice quote taken from Inusual, for all people working in Advertising:

"To all through those that you work and live of the advertising, to all that you are consuming what this one announces, that please should get you into your head that everything is provisional: the love, the art, the planet Earth, you, I. The death is something so unavoidable
that it(he,she) plunders to the whole world for surprise. How to know if this day will not be the last one? We are thinking about having time. And then, suddenly, already it(he,she) is, we suffocate, end(purpose) of the regulation time. The death is the only(unique) appointment that is not annotated in our agenda PDA.

In my book (and now movie) I am called Octave (Octavio in Spanish) and take APC's clothes. I am a publicist: it is, I contaminate the universe. I am the uncle who you sells shit. That makes you dream of these things that you will never have. Eternally blue sky, aunts who are never ugly, a perfect happiness retouched with the PhotoShop. Re-licked, musical sticky(parasitic) images. When, by force of saving, you manage to buy the car of your dreams, which I threw(launched) in my last campaign, I already will have achieved that I am gone out of fashion. I take three seasons of advantage to you, and always I contrive them in order that you sintáis frustrated. The Glamour is the country to the one that never manages to come near. I drug you with innovation, and the advantage of the new thing is that it(he,she) it is never for a long time. Always there is a new innovation to achieve that the previous one ages. To do that you the slobber is fallen(fallen due), that one is my priesthood. In my profession, nobody wishes your happiness, because the happy people do not consume.

Your suffering stimulates the trade. In our slang, we have baptized it " the depression poscompra ". You need urgently a product but, immediately after having acquired it, need other one. The hedonism is not a form of humanism: it is a simple cash flow. His(her,your) motto? " I spend, then I exist. " To create needs, nevertheless, turns out to be indispensable to foment the envy, the pain, the insatiability: these are our weapon. And you are my white(target).

I spend(pass) the life to myself telling you lies and they pay it to me fully. I gain(earn) 13.000 Euros to the month (without counting(telling) the diets, the car of company, the stocks-options and the contractual shielding). The Euro has been invented in order that the wages of the rich ones seem to be sixteen times less indecent.

I am Everywhere. You will not get away yourself from me. Anywhere that you look queen at my advertising. I prohibit you that you get bored. I prevent you from thinking. The terrorism of the innovation serves me to sell emptiness. Ask any surfista: to be kept in foot turns out to be indispensable to have an empty space below. To do surf consists of slipping on an enormous hole (the addicts to Internet know it so well as the champions of Lacanau's surf). I decree what is Authentic, which is Beautiful, what it are Nice. I choose the models who, in six months, you will make her(it) hard.By force of seeing them portrayed, you baptize them as top - models; my youngsters will traumatize any woman who has more than fourteen years. You adore what I choose. The more I play with your subconscious, the more you obey me. If I sing the excellences of a yogurt in the walls of your city, I you guarantee that you will finish buying it. You believe that you enjoy free will, but when you least expect it you will recognize my product in the section of a supermarket, and will buy it, this way, only to prove(try) it, believe me, I know my work.

Mmm, to penetrate your brain ensues from the most agreeable thing. I move along in your right(straight) hemisphere. Your desire already you does not belong(concern): I impose you mine. I prohibit you that you wish at random. Your desire is the result of an investment which
amount is coded in thousands of million Euros. I am I who decides today what you will like tomorrow.

Does not it(he) turn out to be frightful to verify up to what point the whole world seems to consider this situation to be normal? You give me disgust, insignificant slaves submitted to my more minimal caprices. Why have you allowed that I should turn into the King of the World?

I would like to solve this mystery: to quarrel with what way, in the most culminating point of a cynical epoch, the advertising Empress was crowned. In two thousand years, an irresponsible cretin like I had never achieved so powerful being. I would like to leave everything, to clear off of here with my savings, taking drug and a few prostitutes to me to a shit of desert island. What am I going to do to him(her) if the humanity has decided to replace God by products of great consumption?

To submit the humanity to the slavery, the advertising has chosen the discretion, the agility, the persuasion. We live in the first system of domain(control) of the man for the man against enclosed whom the freedom turns out to be impotent. On the contrary, his(her,your) major achievement consists of betting precisely loudly for the freedom. Any critique gives him(her) protagonism, any pamphlet reinforces the illusion of his(her,your) dulzona tolerance. But it(he,she) finishes surrendering anyhow. Everything is allowed, nobody throws(adds) a wrangle if you disturb the henhouse. The system has reached his(her,your) aim(lens): even the disobedience has turned into a form of obedience."

It made me think a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment