Saturday, March 15, 2008

A BAP-errific Post

From the archives:

HAPPY BAPDAY!!! FELIZ NAVIBAP!!! MERRY BAPMAS!!! BON BAPLEANOS!!!

Explanation: Acronyms in companies are amusing. At work, once a year, we receive a bonus governed by a combination of our employee rating and the company's financial well-being. When I began work, this bonus was called "Variable Pay." All of my coworkers, however, still referred to it as a "BAP." I have absolutely no idea what BAP stands for. Over time, "Variable Pay" passed on and became "Performance Pay" and now is called something to do with profit-sharing. I don't even care - it will always be the BAP to me.

Anyway, since March 14th was BAP day, celebrate the BAP, but don't spend it all in one place! Happy BAPDAY!

Edited at 9:31 AM: My dad found the following when searching Google for BAP:

No comments:

Post a Comment