Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Summary

(Seriously. By the time I get my kids fed and dressed and deposited various places, I have NO desire to do anything but lay on my bed. This is the worst "morning sickness" I've ever had. Even blogging seems annoying. But for posterity's sake...I will nobly carry on.)

Events that need documenting:

I meet Bridget.
You'd think that two bloggers hanging out for the first time would actually take pictures. But no. Ours had no working batteries and Bridget didn't think of it, till we were running out the door to catch our plane. You'll just have to believe us that we met.

We had the best time. Her house is beautiful, her kids were beautiful and SUPER friendly, and her husband was such a great guy. She made us dinner (no, I actually had just thrown up, Bridget, so I was feeling better...) and she and I had no problem talking the night away. It would be wonderful to live by her and hang out regularly.

Portland trip
So, Portland was beautiful (despite the weather) and the company treated us so well. We ate lots of yummy food and stayed in a gorgeous hotel.

But it just so expensive to live there. To get a house like the one we have now (in a cul-de-sac, with good schools and some sort of yard), we'd have to spend $200,000 more! It was so depressing...not to mention nauseating, as we wove in and out of streets, while I tried to navigate us. Blech. We finally chucked the house-hunting and spent the rest of the afternoon walking around downtown Portland.

Ryan got his offer from the company. He should get another offer on Thursday, from a Spokane company and we'll compare and be ready for a final decision, hopefully, by then.

Ryan puts on a party
When Ryan does his Elder's Quorum activities, I have at least three people say to me: "I'm sure it was YOU who did such a good job on this." Um, no. All the organizing, decorating, creativity....all him. It was fun, well-attended and had really good food. (Potluck! Yay!)


(Okay, this picture makes it look boring--thanks Greg--but it was super fun).

Easter Saturday
We started out the day with some Easter Egg coloring:


proceeded to the Ward Easter Egg hunt, at someone's gorgeous mountainous yard:


then had the family Easter Bunny visit.

Ryan and I then enjoyed a nice dinner with Ryan's mom (THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for babysitting the kids while we were gone) and Heather and Kevin.

Easter Sunday

I miraculously felt good yesterday, which was a blessing because between choir practice, choir performance (which included a solo), having to find last minute nursery help, cooking Monkey Bread, Cheesy Potatoes, Strawberry, Key Lime and Lemon Pie...I didn't have time to be sick. Or take pictures. I sent Emma down, before church, to take them for me. This is what she came up with:



We had a nice Easter dinner with the Daines and Ryan's uncle Doug and Aunt Marcie.

During our Easter lesson, we asked the kids why we celebrated this holiday. Jane's answer? "Because Henly Fader told the Eastoh Bunny to come and he obeyed." Obviously, the true meaning of Easter being a little lost around here.

Stay tuned for more job/moving news and whining about nausea.

No comments:

Post a Comment