Monday, March 10, 2008

You'll be in my heart

Because we have, between our two extended families, 5 grandparents, 10 siblings, 8 siblings-in-laws, and 22 1/2 nieces and nephews--we don't do birthday posts here. Sorry, all of you lovely relations. (We hope you can manage to have a good one regardless.)

But this one's a little different.



5 years ago today, while I was pregnant with Jane, Brooke (Ryan's sister) and Spencer gave birth to Braxton. He was born with a severe heart defect and was, within the hour, life-flighted to the nearby children's hospital in Pennsylvania. Braxton lived for 6 months, never leaving the hospital and changing all of our lives forever.


Because of his birthday, I have learned better


  • how important and real my belief in the Resurrection is

  • that I truly KNOW families can be together forever

  • that God knows us, and orders our lives and we are safe in His hands.

  • that He will bring amazing peace during trials as we seek Him

I so wish he was here to play with his other 5 year old cousins, Elise and Jane, on his birthday. I am glad that I know where he is, and that someday we will all be able to give him a big birthday hug.


We love you, Braxton!


(Brooke and Spencer have been blessed since with hilarious and cute Carter and Abby. Go here for a sweet slide show chronicling Braxton's life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment