Friday, April 25, 2008

How (besides the usual ways) I know I'm REALLY pregnant

(Sorry, Paige, unfortunately, I couldn't find any pictures of my Emma pregnancy, when I resembled a whale. I did, however, find one of you and me, with our first boys...)

1. I can tell if my kids have really brushed their teeth, even if they haven't come in my room.

2. Chocolate doesn't sound that good. (It still tastes good, but sometimes I can actually forget about that and forgo.)

3. I (queen of homecooking) have not made a meal for 5 weeks.

4. I don't really want to talk about how my pants don't fit, even though the baby is the size of a strawberry and I've gained a whole 3 lbs.

5. I can't open my fridge because the stench is hideous.

6. I can't eat anything that's been a)prepared in my house or b) in my mouth previously. (After 6 weeks of this, there isn't a whole lot left to choose from.)

7. I've actually skipped workouts. (Anyone who knows me well, knows this is completely shocking.)

8. Blogging annoys me.

9. My daily 45 minute naps have doubled. And I don't even look forward to them, because I know after I wake up, I am consigned to nausea for the next 7 hours.

10. I cannot remember ANYTHING. Really. I've never had pregnancy brain before, but honestly, I forget every church assignment I have, Gabe's soccer practice EVERY WEEK, and my husband's temple recommend when I met him yesterday, 30 minutes after he called and specifically asked me. And I am NOT a forgetter.

11. Every other blog post has some mind-numbingly boring reference to My Great Expectation. (sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment