Friday, April 4, 2008

Status of the Famous: Douglas MacArthur

Ever wonder what a famous person would have as their instant messaging status at work? Well now you'll know! Jeremy's Status Message proudly presents, Status Messages of the Famous:

I shall return.

Famous Person: American general Douglas MacArthur, who famously proclaimed:

The President of the United States ordered me to break through the Japanese lines and proceed from Corregidor to Australia for the purpose, as I understand it, of organizing the American offensive against Japan, a primary objective of which is the relief of the Philippines. I came through and I shall return.


Explanation: This is particularly important today because the headmaster of my wife's school has ordered her to send her students away for one week for the purpose, as I understand it, of giving the faculty of the school an opportunity to regain their sanity, a primary feature of which will be our trip to a sunny and beautiful locale. We're running away and we may return.

We at Jeremy's Status Message apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but there will be no posts until April 14th, at which point there will most likely be numerous posts about sunburn and sand in our suitcases.

No comments:

Post a Comment