Tuesday, June 10, 2008

An Orphan's Plea

**credit to Stie who did something along these lines last year. Don't click on this link; you'll realize hers is funnier...but she never got called of God, so there.

I must really have an international reputation as a do-gooder, because look at the email I just got:

Dearest One,

I know that my message will come to you as a surprise since I dont know you in person or met with you before, but I am of the believe that God would use you to come to my help.I am Miriam, 18yrs a Medical Student undergraduate, from Cote d' Ivoire,the only child of Late Mr R. G. Kolo who was murdered alongside my mother and only brother last year by rebels. I am Presently in an orphanage because of wickedness of uncle's and relatives. Before his death he had a domicilary account here, up to the tune of (Four Million Five Hundred Thousand US dollars) . Please I need your assistance to get this money tranferred to you for my education, investment and to be my guardian before my uncles will get hold of me and the money. I shall forward to you with the necessary documents on confirmation of your acceptance to assist me for the transfer of the money to you. As you will help me to travel and to complete my studies.I am willing to offer you reasonable percentage from the total money as compensation for your effort.

May God touch your heart and use you to bring back happiness and joy in my life. Call me on +22508995621

Your Sincerely
Miriam.

Was it the money I sent to American Idol Gives Back? Did they get a hold of my Tithing slip from the Church? Maybe it's cause Ryan always hands out granola bars to the Vets Who Spent All Their Money in the War...

How sad is it that her father, mother and brother died?! Lucky they left her $4,500,000 before it happened. And that those dastardly rebels haven't gotten a hold of it yet!!

The problem here is that I have no idea what a "domicilary account" is. You'd think she'd seek help from one of those smarties who set it up for her. I'll do my best (for a percentage like she's alluding to, I can do-good all OVER the place), but I hope she's not disappointed in her "Dearest One".

Ryan had a good question, when I showed him how God was about to touch my heart: "They have email at that orphanage?" Domicilary accounts, medical education AND email?? That's some orphanage.

This post is just to let you know, that because God is using me to help Miriam, I might be able to pay a Blog Post Writer in the future, as I seem to be out of fun ideas lately. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment