Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father Knows Best

My father in law has taught me about being easy to relate to and being enjoyable to be with. Whenever we get together he orchestrates late into the night conversations covering deep thoughts and real life topics that I am interested in. He demonstrates how to be complimentary and thoughtful to me and to my children. I love having him as a Grandpa to my kids because he plots and plans how he can build long lasting memories that will be in their hearts forever.

My dad has endowed me with a life full of fun. As a child he was always laughing or making jokes. Sometimes the humor drifted towards irreverence, but always it was funny to me. He can create a ditty about any topic ... on the spot. I have kept this tradition with my own children, evoking the same mirthful annoyance that I used to exhibit. He taught me how to find humor in the sometimes oppressive seriousness that life tries to impose. My life is a happy one filled with laughter because he is my dad. I have always been well aware of his love for me and for that alone I love him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment