Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Site to See (My mom will LOVE this Punny title)

I realize I complain of having no computer time. That's a lie. I have plenty of time, during the hours I spend with Miss Lazy Nurser, to look at the computer. I just don't seem to have any time to actually type on the computer. Although I do hunt and peck with one finger very effectively if I'm using the Boppy pillow. (Talk about multi-tasking).


Anyway.


These are some websites we've been enjoying around here:


So, this is what you do: You go to this site, you type in your favorite band or song or type of music and then they play a bunch of stuff that sounds like it. And you can put a thumbs up on the screen if you like it and a thumbs down if you don't and they start making a "station" that's totally tailored to you. Which is why I have Erasure on the picture above. I typed them in and it just basically plays my high school soundtrack (Depeche Mode, New Order, Yaz, Erasure) over and over. Bliss.


So, in case you haven't noticed the blubberiness of every picture of me...I have a few pregnancy pounds to lose. I got a trainer for Christmas (his name's Jacques, which couldn't be more awesome) and he gave me this 35% fat/45%carb/20%protein diet to do. So after I eat anything, I head over to CalorieKing and put in whatever I ate and up pops all nutrition stats. Totally free and it has tons of brand names and restaurants.

Which is why the weight is just falling off of my body.




Okay this one everyone knows, I think. But just in case, this is my favorite website ever...um, I mean, after YOUR blog, of course.

In case you didn't know, I'm kind of a voracious reader. I used to have slips of paper all over my house with lists of books to read. No more. Now I have GoodReads and I have all these friends that are on there and they read a book, review it and then it comes up on my screen and if they liked it and it looks good, I push the little button that says: "Add to my To-Read shelf" and I have it saved forever. I read and review it and then, if YOU are on GoodReads you can add it too. So great. I get reviews from people whose standards and educational levels I trust and it's all so organized. I read everything in order (cause I'm like that) and so I read a total variety of books. Get on there and then invite me to be your friend.




My favorite recipe website ever. I barely use cookbooks anymore, especially if I'm looking for a new recipe. I love it because it has reviews. (Don't ever pick one that has less than 4.5 stars!) You find a high rated recipe, you look at it, you read some of the reviews below so you know to add extra salt, or whatever, and then you make it. And it turns out great 99% of the time. This is why I'm a good cook: I have good recipes and I follow them.
This you like because your kids will LOVE it. It's basically just a site where they can virtually cut out snowflakes. For hours. With no white stuff all over your floor. The only downside? They will ask you to come look at their awesome snowflake every 2 seconds. It's still worth it.
If I'm not posting...you know where I've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment