Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Sunday Summary without relevant pictures because Emma broke our camera. Third camera in 3 years, but who’s counting?

1

I had a choice between a glasses shot and a non-glasses shot.  You know why I chose the non-glasses one?? Because Emma got contacts this week, that’s why!  She got dropped off at the appointment, because I had to take Gabe to piano and when I got back to pick her up, she was all ready to go.  The ladies at the front desk were all, “She is one mature girl.  She just walked in here and said ‘I’m Emma Romney and I have an appointment at 3:30.  And then she figured out so fast how to put her contacts in and out.  We’ve never seen a 4th grader that competent ever.”  Yep.  That’s what happens when you are the oldest of 5 kids and your mom forgets you aren’t 22. 

She loves her contacts—no slipping off during basketball,  no blurriness when peeking out of the corner of her eyes, and we can see her beautiful blue eyes even better now.

And she actually finished her Mini-Book assignment on time.  Mature?  yes, but that girl gets a teensy bit distracted when it comes to completing projects.  Thanks to cousin Mallory for inviting her to a sleepover and, thus, providing needed incentive.

5

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yesterday we took all five kids ice skating.  Which was lunacy.   Two of our five children can actually ice skate and so it wasn’t so much ice skating as having various children hang all over you as you limp around the rink.  ANYWAY, Gabe came skating up to me, yelling, “Hey mom, I just went all the way around the rink without …WOAH…(falls to the ice).  Never mind.”

School was exciting for Gabe this week because a) they are learning about Native Americans and he can’t stop talking about it and b)their classroom got roof repair and so he got to have class in the room with the ovens.  Apparently he got to bake stuff.

8

Anyone want to tell me why my 5 year old cries more than my 3 year old?  Sheesh.  I find copying her in a demeaning way works well toward curbing the behavior.

In more-like-a-five-year old news, JANE IS READING. I realized over Christmas that she was completely ready and if I hadn’t been preoccupied with the other 48 people that live in my house she probably could have been reading months ago (she was that ready).  She just started sounding out words and blending and remembering words like I’ve never seen a beginning reader do before.  Very exciting.

And, no, she still hasn’t lost the tooth, though she prays every night:  “Please bless I will lose my tooth and the Tooth Fairy will give me lots of money.”

14 

Seth continues to take no less than 20 minutes to use the bathroom (including pants removal and reapplication and hand-washing).  I’m serious.  We are working on “No Leaving The Bathroom Unless Your Pants Are Back On.” 

He loves his Christmas game Cranium’s Hullabaloo.  I basically just love to hear him say the word and figure out ways to get him to repeat the game’s title the whole time we are playing. 

He giggled LIKE CRAZY while he crazily slipped all over the ice yesterday.  It made the whole thing fun because he seemed to think the point of ice-skating was to slip all over while his parents tried to keep him upright.  I giggled my way around the rink whenever I was assigned to Jello boy.

IMG_2983

Big news!  Faith’s clogged tear-duct cleared out!  Ryan was wiping the gunk out and it just started draining and it has been crystal clear since then. 

I know.  What if you hadn’t read the Summary this week and missed that?!

Also?  She sleeps from 9 pm to 7 am every night.  Awesome, huh?

And, really, why does it continue to be HILARIOUS when Ryan makes Faith’s arms move like she’s doing something real?  Tonight Emma taught us a church song (for a Faith in God thing) and she taught us actions to go along.  So Ryan makes Faith’s arms move approximating the actions and we are ON THE FLOOR dying of laughter.

How To Have Fun With Your 2 Month Old.

IMG_0094

Ryan and I are rocking our Biggest Loser competition (in an attempt to look like we did in the picture, pre-anniversary cruise, again)…I’ll have to post the rules later, because it is SO motivating.  Ryan’s grown a beard and is waiting till he hits a certain weight to cut it.  You can imagine the comments he gets from everyone, but I think it’s sexy. 

We had a fun night out with the Daines (Ryan’s sister and brother in law) and pumped them for Love and Logic info while eating yummy food. 

It’s still January so Ryan is still really busy, but we try to be patient with him. 

Due to the Love and Logic info gleaned last night, Emma will be paying for the camera she broke in $1 job increments….it will probably take her till June, but we’ll be purchasing one soon.  Stay tuned for pictures of Emma sans contacts, Gabe with a Native American headdress, Jane reading and Ryan with a beard.  We’ll spare you Faith’s cleared up tear duct…and Seth emerging pants-less from his long Potty odyssey. 

Even I think some things aren’t blogworthy. 

Till next week…

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment