Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Components of a Consistent Exercise Routine

or...the things that help me workout every day:

1. A deep fear of my calorie intake completely overtaking my calorie outtake and my "medium-sized girl" status being promoted upward. ( I know people are supposed to workout for the love of it and all that--and I do--but really, I work out every day because I LOVE LOVE LOVE to eat and this is my best form of weight control.)
2. My MP3 player.
We've had to re-purchase it 3 times due to one door-slamming incident and 2 thieverys, but luckily it gets cheaper every time we buy it...(down from a whopping $40). Want to know what's on it? Here are the first five songs that come up, with no manipulating to make my music selection look cooler: "If I had a million dollars" Bare Naked Ladies, "I drove all night" Celine Dion, "Irreplaceable" Beyonce, "This Love" Maroon Five, "Maria" Blondie. Wow, that was pretty unembarrassing, minus the Celine Dion (but I love that song).

3. A town that has the BEST running and biking trails.

(that's really my town, about 2 blocks away from my house.)

4. My nice running shoes.
We are not gear people. As in, if it requires stuff to do it, we borrow it, substitute it or go without...if at all possible. However, last Christmas, my nice husband bought me some very good Asics and they have made such a difference.
5. Variety...in a week I do Pilates, a cardio weight training class, running and stationary equipment. It is so much more enjoyable when I know I don't have to do the same thing I did yesterday.


6. A gym exactly 1 mile away.
(that's not my car, you can tell because it's not pitch black and 5 am, blech.)
7. A running partner who's lived in Seattle and so she stands outside my door (at 6 am) thinking I am going to come running even though it was hurricaning outside. She's also a little bit faster than me, so it pushes me. And she's planning to vote for Hillary Clinton, so we have a lot to talk about while we run. (Let's not tell her I posted this picture of her first thing in the morning ...although that's what she looks like every time we run together, so it's a very accurate picture for the post.)

8. Really good books, that I read while I Precor or Recumbant Bike away. Those are my favorite workout days, obviously.

See...look at me all ready to work out:
(Me, prepping to run with Ryan and brother Matt.)

(I realize this wasn't the most interesting post. Did you want me to give you a play by play on the Second Grade music program that we went to today? I didn't think so. This is all I got.)

No comments:

Post a Comment