Monday, November 24, 2008

Summary

Ooh! As fun as discussing the rights and wrongs of homosexuality has been, it's time for another weekly summary!



On Monday, we continued another Sherrill tradition: the Thankful Turkey. Some samples of what we're thankful for this week:
  • Good employment (Ryan)
  • Pacifiers (Jessica)
  • Happiness! Haa! Haa! (Emma)
  • Our Bodys (Gade, sic)
  • Sisters (J.R.)
  • "doing snakes" ? (Seth)


On Tuesday, we yelled at all of our kids and told them to get in the car. NOW! And proceeded to our first Love and Logic Parenting class. With 5 kids, we figured it was high time to learn how to parent them. It was so funny, because as we brought them in, all the parents (TOTALLY including us) are talking sooo nicely to their kids. Like to prove to everyone: "I'm a good parent. I'm just taking this class to get a teeny bit better. See how appropriately I handle my child?"



On Wednesday, we started my favorite time of the year! Halfdays for the (above pictured)elementary school kids! When they come home all extra early, right at the beginning at naptime, during drizzly freezing weather that makes playing outside impossible, before the kindergarteners come home so I have to drive over and pick Jane up later (instead of the big kids walking her home), while I'm still getting used to a newborn. It's awesome. Can you tell how very much I love half-days and the geniuses who think this is the best way to handle parent-teacher conferences. Oh! AND it lasts for a week and half! How great is that??



On Thursday, my awesome friend Kerry, who had no good light and extra kids she was watching, took pictures of Faith for our Christmas card/Birth Announcement. They turned out great and, in great opposition to past years when I've hand made the cards, I got them done, and ordered in 1 hour on Saturday. It was the best feeling ever!

Also on Thursday, Seth wrecked the wallpaper that is, apparently, too close to the Not Listening Chair. Following is the conversation Ryan had with Seth regarding his egregious mistake.

Dad: "What happened last time you pulled down the wall paper?"
Seth: "Mom put me in my room."
Dad: "No, last time you did this you got spanked" (ed. note: we do not believe in spanking. Or so I thought. Apparently when you wreck the wallpaper, Dad spanks you). "Do you think you should get another spank?"
Seth: "Yes."
Dad:" No! You think I should spank you right now cause you did this?"
Seth: "Yes. But not meanly. "(proceeds to demonstrates soft-bum patting. While grinning). "Wook Dad, my animal can cwimb the twee." (Demonstrates ox climbing tree).

Which is why we are taking the previously referenced parenting class. We obviously need the help.

On Friday, we had aforementioned Parent-Teacher Conferences. It was a good experience. We have good kids. So good in fact, that halfway through Friday Jobs, we bagged the rest of the jobs and took them all to ColdStone for ice cream as a reward.



On Saturday, Ryan risked his masculinity(look at him trying to appear blase in the picture I made him take) by going with me to Twilight. Which I totally loved. I am a medium fan. I think they are fun books, but I didn't watch any trailers or count the minutes till the movie came out. Maybe it was these mild expectations, but I thought the casting was good (except Rosalie, I'm with you on this Jessica A.) and I liked the acting. AND Faith slept the whole time. All in all, a perfect date.

Should this post be too tame, please go back and re-read how we feel about Gay Marriage. We'll try to post a Pro-Life blog soon, too, just to keep things exciting around here.

Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment