Wednesday, October 31, 2007

And the winner is...

Me! (really, when you see what the answers are...I'm totally the winner here)

But the winner of the Special Prize is Mark (see below with cute wife and cute baby). Who is related. Which is why he won. See comment below:

"It had to be Ryan with the Romney OCD gene doing the midnight cleaning right?"


Yes, those Romneys have quite the "things must always look nice" gene going on (have you ever seen Mitt with a hair out of place? No.) So, it was kind of a trick quiz. I knew you would assume that the mom did all the cleaning stuff...not this mom.

So the answers are:


Whisked child into the bathroom and commanded child to not move until instructed to do so?
1. R--a little gruffer in the middle of the night than we'd like him to be (but he makes up for it later on).


Thought "Dang! No Pilates class tomorrow" (due to sick child staying home from school)?
2. J--I swear, always my first thought is "How is this going to screw up my day tomorrow?" : Bad mom (see Celia's post today)

Immediately pulled out the following item and cleaned the whole carpet, rinsing 3 times, at 1 am. (Prompting Emma to say upon awakening, "I saw the carpet cleaner and knew ___ must have been up cleaning someone's throw up last night.")?
3. R--Oh yes...shocking, I know! I would never be as thorough as he is, so he prefers to do it. Really.

Wondered if he/she could avoid coming into contact with barfer(or any other potentially germy member of the family) for the next 72 hours?
4. R--Also completely freaked out by germs when any of us are sick....won't sleep in the same bed with me after he finds out I'm sick (like the kiss we had an hour ago didn't already infect him?)


Constructed this elaborate blanket/tablecloth pathway from sick bed to toilet, complete with buckets along the way for stray barf?
5. R--I always have to make fun of this particular anal-ness.


Drew a bath and comforted sick child?
6. J--this is really the only thing I am good at due to #7

Retched and retched and retched while trying to at least contribute to massive clean up going on?

7. J--I have a sympathetic barfing response. It makes me pretty un-helpful during these episodes.

Wondered how soon he/she could return to bed, before spouse felt gypped?
8. J--I'm kind of just standing around watching Ryan clean, and so I wonder when I can sneak off to bed without being a complete jerk.

Instituted a "barf training class" tonight before putting children to bed, lest someone else come down with the bug overnight?
9. R--He's been doing these for a few years now. Maybe overkill but definitely hilarious.

Refused to allow starving child near any food the next morning until lunchtime, while other parent tried to plead starving child's case?
10. R--Probably because he's the cleaner-upper, he's a lot more paranoid about their eating anything...whereas I operate from the notion that "Food makes everything better."


So, should you ever have this happen at your house...we've prepared this special "BARF TRAINING" video. Feel free to use it for your kids.




So congrats Mark! I had a girly prize in mind, but we'll figure something out for you! Thanks for playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment