Friday, October 5, 2007

Vacation, how did you get away?

I know it's boring to tell you all how much "re-entry" sucks, because all of you know. But it sucks. (I'm sorry, I just love that word and really struggle to not say it in front of my kids--and basically fail--because it is so perfectly descriptive of a yucky, yucky thing. Yucky's kind of nicer, huh? But it just have the same punch, you know?)

ANYWAY, following are a List of Suckiness Reasons:

1) It turned into winter while I was away.
2) Kids make a lot of noise, especially when they want your attention.
3) There are lots of papers that procreate in your home while you are away (bills, completed homework, mail, school notices, etc.).
4) My husband deserted me to go run the St George marathon today. 26.2 miles is a cinch compared to this.
5) It's gray gray gray gray gray gray gray.
6) I gained 5 lbs and have to revert to un-fun strict pre-cruise diet.
7) I feel grouchy that I'm not more loving and fun right now and am sure that they are all thinking, "Why were we wanting her back?"
8) I'm feeling guilty that I didn't get my husband a cute pre-marathon present (like his sister did) and I'm feeling guilty that my cute brother Sam (who was here during and after the cruise) had grouchy, boring re-entry Jessica for our last days together before his mission.
9) The temple didn't work it's magic-all-of-a-sudden-I'm-a-better-mother trick like it usually does.
10) I liked reading, eating, sleeping, swimsuits, exercising, sight-seeing, having a steward a little better than cleaning, counting calories, buying soccer cleats, breaking up fights, quizzing kids on spelling words, jackets and rain.

Do you all remember how I didn't want to go on the cruise? Well, that was idiotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment