Friday, October 19, 2007

Cat's Out of the Bag



Minutes after Jessica left me for the evening with the kids I began sharing the 80's with them in my own special way by singing "You gotta fight!! For your right!!! To PAAAAARTAY!" At the top of my lungs. Since I don't know any of the words other than the chorus, I repeated it several times. Yet my exuberence was quickly squelched by Gabe who soberly informed me,


"Dad ... mom doesn't partay with us when your not here."


"What !?!?!" I queried agast.


"Really ... she doesn't" he reaffirmed.


"Well, I can't belive what I am hearing." I said deflated "I specifically instructed her to party with you guys while I am at work," I informed him with disgust.


"She doesn't."


"Well, what is she doing then??"


"blogging."


"Blogging!?"


"Yes, just blogging."


I think my surprised expression communicated incredulity to the boy so he asked his sister to corroberate his story, "Does mom blog all the time Jane?"


"huh?" she asked distracted.


"Does mom blog all the time?"


"what?" still distracted.


"Does mom blog all the time!!!" now getting exasperated.


"yep." she finally answered emotionless.


So there you have it. Apparently Jessica isn't partying all the time with the kids. Rumor has it she is blogging. I just can't believe this. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment