Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Why I'm Awesome

First of all, let me apologize again, for the lack of pictures. We have learned how hard life is without checks, debit cards and credit cards!! You go to replace the MP3, or the camera, or the new clothes (I guess that doesn't count as replacing) and then you realize that without a credit card number, you are purchase-less. We've received the credit and debit cards, and have ordered the MP3, but are having a disagreement about the camera (he thinks, as this is our 4th one in 4 years, we should buy cheap--does that surprise anyone?--and I think we are learning so much about how to NOT keep cameras around, that this time is the MAGIC time!)--so I have no picture with my post.



Wait, since this is about me being awesome...I'm going to go find an old one that properly displays awesomeness... (See, now the post is so much more interesting.)

I'm ready to give you the reasons that I am awesome:
.

1) I just ALL BY MYSELF set up automatic bill pay. It's not that I'm not reasonably tech-savvy (I am) or that I haven't seen a need (oh, there's a need, when twice a month, I spend hours handwriting bills)...it's that I am NOT the project person in our house. I am very good at doing the regular stuff (food, clothes, hair, straightening up, yelling at kids, my calling). I honestly just get completely stressed out if I have an extra project to take on. So Ryan usually has to organize really messy closets, plan the landscaping, build stuff and USUALLY would have to set up stuff like the bill pay account. BUT NOT THIS TIME. Nope! Awesome Jessica, realizing that since the new checks have not arrived, bills would be late (see, I'm responsible) decided to just bite the bullet and set it up. Which I did, after an hour of frustration and 2 mad phone calls to the real live persons I actually talked to, after yelling into the automated phone system "Get me a person!!". So now it's done. And I am awesome.
.

2) I am the star of our volleyball group. Okay, I'm really not the star. Really, not at all. In fact, I'm the worst person there I think. But it is the FUNNEST morning of my whole week. There's usually 8-10 of us that meet at the church, and, while the kids run around and clog the nursery toilet (really happened, thanks Jensen kids), we play 3-4 games of decent volleying volleyball. Are you jealous?! It's so fun. Because normally women just sit and have lunch (second favorite activity of my week: McD's on Fridays), for entertainment. We don't play games and move around (at least not for entertainment...because I promise I move around like crazy trying to rotate car seats for preschool carpool). And I was really hitting my stride today...maybe I even saved as many points as I lost. And I did, like, 3 dives to try to get the ball. I even have a scab on my knee. So even though I wish I was the star, I am awesome just for being a tough mommy, right?
.

So, feel free to comment on my awesomeness (and you could also add that due to said awesomeness, I should get a good camera.) You're welcome for knowing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment