Saturday, October 8, 2011

This morning

This morning I woke up at 6:10, checked the weather (36 degrees!) and began to pull out my cold weather running gear.

Ryan and I discussed routes and let Gabe know (awake for his Saturday morning tv watching) to make sure faith went potty when she woke up.

We headed out, anticipating the first sunny day since Monday and anxious to get out and enjoy it. We began to run, talking about a city council issue, Steve Jobs, the great book I'm reading to my kids, the value of general required classes in college. I love talking to him, with no interruptions. He's so smart and balanced and good at expressing himself. Plus he's interested in my opinion.

We ran around our local lake, up hills, through trees, around marshes and next to cute, remote, 1950s looking lakehouses. It was foggy at first and then the morning sun peeked through the fog and lit up the lake and trees. Kind of indescribably beautiful.

By mile 9, I was tired and so we put our headphones in--he finished up "The Help" on his audiobook and I put on my running playlist. As the music played and we ran back into town in the sunshine, I welled up with joy of it all.




Running with a strong body, beautiful scenery, quiet and conversation, a good husband--
I just kept thinking: "THIS is happiness. THIS is joy. I am blessed".



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment