Friday, December 28, 2007

Gab's Good Gift-Giving

So, a group of us cah-razy blog friends decided to do a gift exchange. (My mom's always amazed at the cards and gifts and stories I have from women "you've never even met?!" but sometimes I think I know about what Holly's kids did yesterday or what Lisa-Marie thinks about having more kids, than my friends down the street! So, we're close.) Anyway, Gab drew my name...I was very excited because she's cool and down to earth and smart.
So, the Saturday before Christmas, I received her gift. The box included a bag of their family's "very last bit of Christmas toffee" which she told me to appropriately appreciate. Which I did...all of it, within 3 hours. By myself.
And then, because I am big on rules and Christmas surprises, I did not open her gift until Christmas morning. She included a book (because she knows I'm a reader) and a Hill Cumorah pageant CD (because she knows I am very jealous of her East Coast-ness).

(who posts a Christmas morning/no makeup picture on her blog? Oh, the same person who has had 2 posts in a row displaying her chowing down on un-healthy food. So classy.)

LOVED THEM. Given the exhaustion of the Christmas "vacation", I have fallen asleep holding (but not opening)her book the last 3 nights...but one of these days I will resume my nap schedule and then I will have plenty of energy to read and read late into the night.
Thanks Gabi! How about we have a book review about your book in Utah this summer?
**Should any of you want to join in a blog-buddy gift exchange...there are rumors of a "Christmas in June" one, so we'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment